Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I was out on a photography field trip with my students yesterday, and I brought them out into the woods to look for interesting shots. While we were there I saw how some of the trees were being cut down to make more walking paths through the woods. At first I thought it was ironic that they were cutting trees down, so that people could walk through to enjoy nature. If they keep cutting there's going to be nothing to enjoy. But then after everyone walked away I look at this one stump left there, and I saw the rings inside. This tree is at least 80 years old; maybe older, the things it's "seen" the changes it's been through. It looked so serene to me, yet at second glance you see the reason this tree is down....the saw dust. Anyway; I liked this scene, and I think the picture actually came out pretty good. But it still makes me think....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a really good picture!! it kinda makes you sad that they're taking down trees!! but this is really good!!

You should have been around to see that pretty butterfly i saw on the window at church... it was BEAUTIFUL!! anyways <3 ya